Contractor Safety Assurance
NSIP funding is currently supporting a host of improvements to stations on the railway network. The works are generally undertaken by contractors commisssioned to undertake improvements to:
- safety and security;
- station fabric through the introduction of modular assets;
- customer information ;
- decoration through refurbishment and rationalisation.
AbsTracked recognises that Station Operatorsdo not generally have sufficient resources to be able undertake inpections of construction works at stations. They therefore face a significant challenge to ensure that safe working practices are established and maintained. Abstracked can provide support to ensure:
- Contractors work safely and produce works of the required standard;
- Contracted works do not import risks to operators passengers, staff or operations.
To support this input, AbsTracked can provide advice and support in the following areas:
- Application of CDM Regulations;
- Health and Safety Plans;
- Site Safety procedures:
- Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work;
- Contractor safety performance established through site safety inspections.